As today is Saturday, we spent the morning at soccer. Ruby had pictures at 9:00, and we got out of the house late and got there just as the team was lining up to go in for their picture. I scribbled an order form together and am pretty sure it was matched up with the correct kid. We'll see whose picture I get back in a few weeks.
Her game started right after pictures, so we all headed over to her field and set up our chairs. Ruby played well, but she gets worn out, and I'm thinking she needs to run around more. Build up her stamina. She's doing better at getting right in the thick of things and fighting for the ball. She was really cute in her little pigtails.
Sam's game started while Ruby's was still going on and I walked him halfway and went back to Ruby's game. After it ended, we went to watch Sam's game. Sam was playing defense when we got there, which was just after halftime, and apparently we missed him playing goalie in the first half. Just before the end of the game, he got hit in the face with the ball, and since he was wearing sunglasses, it was doubly painful. He sat out the last minute of the game. It hit him just on the side of the sunglasses where they hit his eyebrow. Ow. He cried.
The kids had fun, but it was a hot and sweaty morning. It was 80 in the shade when we left the house at 8:45 a.m. I remembered sunscreen, and no one seems to have gotten any sunburns. Soccer's funny. When it starts, it's boiling hot and everyone's dying, but by the end of the season you might find yourself playing in the cold and rain, which is an adventure all its own.
Squig went up to the lake with her young women's group today. I think I'll take the other two to the movies, since they don't get to go to the lake. And then we'll go swimming, because it's already over 90 degrees and it's just barely 1:00 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment