Today we all slept in late. It was supposed to be 7:00 a.m. wake-up day in the "getting back to school wake-up time" plan. We woke up after 8:30 a.m. I was surprised to find John still in bed. He said he wasn't feeling well and would rest until he could get up and work from home. Which he did.
Ruby woke up first, and was so good. She got a book and sat quietly in the living room waiting for Becah and Tini to wake up. Instead of peeling back Becah's eyelids to see if she was awake--as she used to do.
We spent the morning in the kitchen, baking cookies for a care package for Steffy and prepping for a fresh peach pie made from really fresh peaches. After lunch we spent a couple of hours in the pool with the kids. It felt really good. It was so hot today. 101 at least.
While we were out at the pool, we decided to cut the pie and John joined us for a quick break and we ate around the pool. That pie was something else. So, so good. Tini makes good crust and Gwum has a fantastic pie recipe!
After swimming we came in and played Rockband. So much fun! I took a couple of pictures and some video, but someone might kill me if I post them. We were able to draw John out and he joined in on a couple of songs. Good times, good times.
And that was Monday. Becah and Tini left to go back to the bay area and we're going to throw some trout on the grill in a minute here for a quick light dinner. Mmmmmmmm.
You were able to "draw me out" after I finished the work day just after 5 PM. It was a good day after I felt better. We enjoyed Tini and Becah's visit and it was a VERY yummy pie. Thanks for taking the time to visit us Tini and Becah!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous that you all got to play together. I am glad you could spend the day with each other.
ReplyDelete