Oops, almost forgot to post today. It's been one super-dee-duper busy day.
I started off getting everyone up and dressed while also getting my self up and dressed becuase it was my day for helping out at the school, which is always an adventure. Fortunately, today was free breakfast at the schools, so I took the kids in early so they could eat there. One less thing for me to deal with.
In kindergarten, I had the Color-Cut-Paste table. My table took a long time, so long in fact, that I only got through three groups before recess, when they usually get through four. When one of the girls had to go to the bathroom, I took her down there, and waited outside the bathroom, but she wanted me to come into the stall with her and help her and she cried when I told her I couldn't do that, but that I would wait outside the stall for her. She decided that she didn't want to go to the bathroom if I wouldn't help her. When I took her back to class and reported back to the teacher, she told her the same thing--she had to go by herself. I think that along with immunizations, they should also require that your kid know how to go to the bathroom alone before they can start school. I mean, really.
Anyway, after I got four groups through Coloring-Cutting-Pasting, I took off for the 4th/5th grade, where I corrected reading worksheets. Seriously people, if the word list is written on the paper, you should not misspell any of the words. And by 5th grade you should have that figured out. I also corrected, I don't know what they call them, but it has a paragraph with grammar, spelling and capitalization errors and the kids have to find all the errors. The teacher tells them how many there are, and they have to figure them all out. I think it's a good exercise, but they're really hard to correct and take forever. Not only do I have to make sure they got all the corrections, I have to correct any extra corrections they make. By the time I finished that, I had just enough time to calculate percentages and alphabetize some math and reading homework and then I got out the door in time to get home before Ruby's bus got home. Even thought it would be easier for me to just get her at the school, she's still getting into the school routine and I think she just needs to keep taking the bus.
I pulled in the garage about 10 minutes before I had to leave to get her, and as I was sitting the car listening to the end of a thing on the radio, two big dogs came sniffing into my garage! Well, I'm not fond of big dogs, and wasn't sure how to get them out so I could get out, so I pushed the garage door control, and it was so noisy, it made them both jump and take off. I went in the house and watched them sniff at all the doors as they ambled down the street. I was a little concerned because I didn't want them around when I walked to the bus stop. Did I mention that I don't like big dogs? I took a big stick with me, which I left at the bus stop. I didn't notice until we were part of the way home. Fortunately, the dogs seem to have gone the other way.
After we got home, Ruby finished her lunch (she's still learning to eat fast and not chit-chat at school--an important skill to learn) and we went grocery shopping, and we were still putting groceries away when Sam got home. I got him going on some dishwasher unloading, then Squig got home and I got her going on homework, then I took Ruby over to her friend's house, then I sat down to rest for a minute.
But only for a minute, because Sam had to get to his cub scout pack meeting, which was a swimming activity. We left on time, but because of the stupid construction traffic, we were 10 minutes late. I'll be so glad when they get this new road finished, because it's driving me nuts! I do need to take a minute here and be grateful for the right turn lane which helps us get to school on time now. And the left turn signal which will help us get to piano lessons on time when they start.
While we were stuck in non-moving traffic, bumper-to-bumper, Sam noted that he forgot his towel. And because the kid is skin and bones, I couldn't just let him get hypothermia because he's easily distracted. The poor kid shivers when he's wet and it's 100 degrees out. So, after I dropped him off, I had to battle traffic to get back home and get his towel, stopping to help Squig with a math problem, and ran back to the scout activity. That took 45 minutes round trip. I'm not kidding. It should be about a 10 minute drive, one way. If you hit all the red lights. Can be done in about 5-6 minutes if you hit all green.
Got back from delivering the towel, and had about a half hour to make dinner for Squig and myself while Ruby soaked in the tub (Ruby had dinner with her friends, thus saving me a lot of stress--thank you neighbor B.H.!) I threw some fried rice together and Squig and I had a nice time eating and chatting together. She actually did most of the chatting and I stuffed my face as fast as I could. Then I pulled Ruby out of the tub, threw a towel around her, offered a reward to the girls if they got their night time routines done before I got back and ran off to pick up Sam, and when I arrived, they weren't done with the meeting, so I had to wait for them to finish.
Then back to the house, to help the girls finish their routines (need a bigger reward next time), get Sam showered and toss everyone in bed. I put my jammies on and read a couple of articles from the BYU alumni magazine (excellent article on the personal and societal economic benefits of charitable giving) before tackling the kitchen.
And then I realized that I had forgotten to take out the garbage with tomorrow being garbage day. So, I got on the computer instead of dealing with that.
Now, I must go and take out the garbage in my jammies so we'll have room for next week's junk. And then I'll try to tackle the kitchen, which is still not done.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment