Monday, June 13, 2011

Puerto Rico--Day 16

Well, this morning John took the kids to Wal-Mart to buy them snorkel sets. And then he took them to the pool to practice using them.

He’s working earlier than usual tonight, so he’ll get back earlier and get to bed earlier and then he can get up earlier. And then we’re going to the safe beach for the kids to snorkel around. It’s not the fanciest place for snorkeling, but it’s calm and it will do for now. There were quite a few fish (and apparently a sting ray). They had fun and did a good job of diving down and blowing the air out of their snorkels, which is something I cannot get the hang of. It might have something to do with my fear of drowning and I usually panic when there is water in my snorkel. I do okay in a pool where I can stand up, but in the ocean, I just get all panicky.

Anyhoo, for some reason Ruby decided to wear her rain boots to the pool.


And here they are all together at the pool.


I forgot to put up pictures of our squashed pennies we got in Old San Juan the other day. We went looking for a particular shop that had a penny squasher just outside the door. It turned out to be a cigar shop. With paintings of topless women in the windows. Eeek!

We kept the kids turned just right and got our pennies and got out.

These are the pennies we picked.

We had to get the one with the garita!


And of course, the coquí.


They make nice additions to our squashed penny collection of some of the place we've visited, which collection was started when my dad gave us a Penny Passport (a little folder with places to stick the pennies) for Christmas. Squashed pennies make nice, inexpensive, small souvenirs that kids love to make.

1 comment:

  1. Boots are too cute and keep the feet dry until you want them to get wet. Smart girl.

    ReplyDelete