Monday, December 15, 2008

The Halls are Decked

Well, the kids and I managed to get the tree decorated on Friday. Finally. We've only had the thing sitting in the living room since Monday. I love it. It's pretty.

Ruby and I draped a lighted garland across the mantle, we hung the stockings, and put up random other little decorative things here and there. We didn't put everything out. Just didn't feel like it. It looks nice the way it is. The kids each have a little miniature tree with miniature ornaments. That way they can mess with and rearrange their own tree without playing with the big tree.

Christmas shopping is done, just need to put a few things together, finish stuff, etc. and get it all shipped out.

Wednesday is baking day, when we'll make baked treats for the people on the baked treats list. I'd rather do it on the weekend, but the kids' teachers are on the baked treats list.

Saturday is the church Christmas party, Sunday is Christmas with Becah day and Tuesday the 23rd, Granny B and PapaJohn arrive. I'm hoping they'll want to attend the Broadway Christmas concert at the Oakland temple, but I don't know. I'm pushing for it.

We're also hoping to go ice skating in Yosemite when they're here. It will all depend on the weather and how the mountain roads are.

Should be a nice relaxing Christmas. Once I get all the projects finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment