After church, we went back to the hotel to change clothes and headed up to visit John's brother Jim's family before they had to go to church at 1:00. We had a nice lunch with them, and after lunch they left for church and we headed up Emigration Canyon to see the This Is The Place Monument. We were so busy visiting and chatting that I completely forgot to take any pictures of the cousins together!
I remember going up there as a kid for a 4th of July picnic, and I just remember the big monument there. Now there's a bunch of statues and some kind of pioneer village park. Anyway, we didn't have a lot of time, so we found the name of our ancestor's handcart company on the handcart monument, and read most of the plaques, and then headed off.
![]() |
| The handcart monument. |
My cousin Robert brought her that purple scarf from Afghanistan, and she brought it out to show us. I tried to put it on her like a headscarf, but didn't have bobby pins, so she ended up looking, as she said, "like an old shepherd".
![]() |
| Serious Picture |
![]() |
| Goofy Picture |
After our visit, we went back up to visit Jim's family and had dinner with them and played Giant Spoons (it's like regular spoons, except with giant plastic spoons), which is one of our favorite games we play with them. I still can't believe I didn't take any pictures.
The kids spent the night with their cousins, as they love to do when we visit, and John and I went back and got ready for the next day.
So much for Sunday being a day of rest!





No comments:
Post a Comment