I made Ruby a beanbag chair for Christmas this year. This thing took forever. The pattern was simple enough, but I wanted to make it easy to clean. So, I made an inner bag out of muslin, and put a small zipper in it so we can add more filling later when it breaks down, and I put a big long zipper in the outer cover so it can come off and be washed. None of the zippers were in the pattern, so I had to make it up as I went along. It's made of fleece, so it's nice and fuzzy, and we just put regular re-usable shipping peanuts inside. They won't last as long as beanbag chair filling, but it was so much cheaper.
She spent most of Christmas morning sitting in it. Here she is, sitting in her beanbag chair working in her "Adventures in 'Ruby'land*" book from the Iowa cousins.In case you're wondering, she's drawing a 'Ruby'land* dragon.
*The book is actually named using her real name and the name of her real imaginary land.

Ruby's chair is amazing! She's such a good kid!
ReplyDelete