I made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I just felt like some, so I made some. From scratch. They were really good. I used Martha Stewart's recipe for both the cake and the frosting, but I should tell you that her cream cheese frosting is basically the same as my mother-in-law's cream cheese frosting (which their family calls sour cream frosting).
In any case, everything turned out very nicely. The recipe said it made 18 cupcakes, but I got 31 out of it. Some of them were a little low, but I still got a lot more than it said I would. I don't really need 31 cupcakes. I gave some to my neighbor.
Here's a link to the cupcake recipe. And a link to the frosting.
Mmm, thanks for the reminder to start making pumpking flavored treats!!
ReplyDeleteMartha Stewart cupcake recipes always make more than she says. She must make really big cupcakes. Or only keep the perfect, perfect ones. Either way, I usually end up with 30 cupcakes even though her recipes usually only say they'll make 18.